Hope Within Ministries is a faith-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2002 with the mission to demonstrate the love of God through the provision of high quality, professional health care, sound counsel, and related education, and serves as the umbrella organization over two programs.
Hope Within Community Health Center
We deliver free primary healthcare services to those who meet our eligibility criteria. The scope of primary healthcare services that HWCHC provides includes the following:
- complete physical exams and wellness/preventative care for families;
- acute and chronic disease management;
- on-site laboratory work;
- provision of ‘sample’ or stock medications;
- assistance to patients in completing and submitting applications for other programs where they meet eligibility
- working with pharmaceutical companies to obtain free medications for our patients who would otherwise not be able to afford to purchase prescriptions at a local pharmacy; and
- provision of referrals, when needed, for radiology, lab work analysis, and specialist visits.
In addition to these services, HWCHC seeks to introduce patients to the Gospel. To that end, with patients’ permission, we regularly ask spiritually related questions and offer to pray with/for the patients during visits. For patients who are interested in discussing spiritual matters in more depth, we offer spiritual lay counseling services onsite at HWCHC. This part of our program is coordinated by our Director of Mission Advancement. In addition to conducting onsite spiritual lay counseling visits/discussions, our program seeks to connect patients with local Bible-believing churches for further assistance with specific needs as well as for ongoing worship/belonging at a local assembly of believers.
Hope Within Counseling Services
We offer low-cost mental health services based on an income-based sliding scale fee with no other eligibility requirements.
How we are funded
Hope Within does not charge patients for services. Hope Within employs a small staff to provide oversight and continuity of service. However, most of our services are provided through the donated time of many volunteer providers, nurses and office staff. In addition we maintain collaborative relationships with local hospitals and organizations to provide services that are outside the ability of our health center.
We are able to provide these services due to the generous gifts of individuals, churches, businesses, civic organizations and grant making bodies and foundations. In addition, Hope Within organizes a small number of fund raising events to help support the ministry.